Every seller wants his or her home to sell quickly and bring top dollar. It’s not luck that makes that happen. It’s careful planning and knowing how to professionally prepare your home in a way that will send homebuyers running for their checkbooks.
When you hire me, you’re hiring a team of professionals who will work together to make your house sparkle. As needed for your particular situation, I have professional resources in contractors and interior designers to photographers and Web designers. I have the resources to get your home in top shape and ready to hit the market. My team has the experience and knowledge to know what simple changes can add up to more money for you. We’ll make your house look bigger, brighter, cleaner, warmer and best of all, make homebuyers want to buy it.
Think of me as your personal project manager. From taking bids from good, inexpensive contractors to working with the interior designer on paint choices to hiring a professional to refinish the hardwood floors, I’ll handle all the details. All you have to do is sit back and say “yes” or “no.” It’s that simple.
I am a licensed experienced professional with specialized skills. Here are the many benefits you receive when working with me.
- I know the market and will assist you in setting the right price.
- I also know what buyers want and the monetary motivation that will encourage the sale.
- I am a member of the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), a service that enables me to present detailed information about your home to the thousands of other agents helping buyers.
- Along with the MLS, I work together with other agents on a regular basis. We exchange information about new properties and help fit enthusiastic buyers with appropriate homes.
- I will increase the amount of qualified buyers for your home because Windermere’s national referral system gives me access to the sizeable number of people who move each year.
- I know how to swiftly separate the qualified buyers from the unqualified buyers. Your home is shown only to serious buyers, which saves you time.
Tips For Getting Started
The key to selling your home quickly and at the right price is in preparing it appropriately. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Give home a thorough cleaning
- Oil door hinges, tighten door knobs
- Have carpets professionally cleaned, or replaced if damaged
- Repair dripping faucets and leaky toilets
- Replace all burned out light bulbs and clean all light fixtures
- Repair defective light switches
- Get rid of clutter both inside and out
- Cut and edge grass
- Trim hedges and weed gardens
- Paint, fix or wash railings, steps, storm windows, screens and doors
- Clean out the gutters
- Wash the windows
- Tidy up the garage
- Paint, wash and fix garage doors and windows
- Touch up all interior paint
Here are some helpful tips for showing your home.
- Keep pets out of the house. Either take them with you or keep them penned in the yard or garage.
- Put away items in the yard like garden tools, bicycles and toys.
- Make sure your home is well lit.
- Remove clutter from tables and shelves. Less clutter creates the illusion of a larger space.
- Keep money, prescription drugs, and other valuables out of view.
- Add a ground up lemon to the garbage disposal to give the kitchen a fresh smell.
- Open shades and curtains to let in light.
- Light a fire in the fireplace to create a comfortable ambiance.
- Keep radios and TV off—although oftentimes-soft music in the background is a nice touch.